RUNNING ALONG THE RIVER GANGES, SLEEPY VILLAGES AND MIST LADEN HILLS OPENING UP TO LUSH GREEN MEADOWS AND DUSTY TRAILS.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION:
- REGISTRATION DATES: OCTOBER 1, 2019 – AUGUST 1, 2019
- RACE DATES: Sept 6-8, 2019
- RACE START TIME: 6AM FOR 220kms and 12pm for 100kms
- LATEST ARRIVAL IN RISHIKESH: SEPT 5, 2019
RACE BRIEFING: SEPT 5, 2019, 5PM (VENUE TO BE ANNOUNCED)
- 220kms – 48 Hrs
- 160Kms – 32 Hrs
- 100Kms – 18 Hrs
- SINGLE STAGE
- Fully Crew supported. Night time mandatory follow will be in place. Crew can leave the runner for short periods of time during the day to replenish stock or run other errands.
- Till March 15, 2019
- 220KMS: $215/Rs.15000
- 160KMS: $170/Rs.12000
- 100KMS: $115/Rs.8000
From March 16, 2019
- 220KMS: $260/Rs.18,000
- 160KMS: $215/Rs.15,000
- 100KMS: $140/Rs.10,000
- Medal and digital certificate.
- Medical support.
- Finish line meal
Fee does not include:
- Stay at Rishikesh or Uttarkashi
- Crew vehicle
- Food and nutrition during the race.
Age as on the event date will apply.
- Men: 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61 and above
- Women: 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61 and above
RACE BOOK AND LOG:
Your race book will contain course directions, emergency information and your race logs. Ensure you do not lose the book, which will attract time and disqualification penalties.
- Temperatures: Dip to single digits at night. Day time sun beats down mercilessly at this altitude causing dehydration, sun burn and dizzy spells.
- Rains are on their way out at this time of the year in the Uttarkhand region, but be prepared for slight drizzle and wet weather. Weather will be cool but not unbearably cold, with temperatures staying in high teens to low twenties (Centigrade).
- Villages are far and few on the route.
- Terrain: Broken path, dusty sections, mist laden hills
TRAVEL, VISAS, SAFETY:
- Walkie-talkies and satellite phones: Runners and those without permit are not allowed to carry and use walkie-talkies or satellite phones. You are not allowed to bring them in to the country without prior permits.
- Inform your embassy where you are traveling to and why. Provide us with your embassy’s contact information in the registration form for communication in an emergency.
- Foreign nationals will require a visa to come to India, which is the sole responsibility of the participant to procure one well within the event start date. Foreign nationals will also require an inner-line permit, which can be procured upon arrival at Reckong Peo.
- Runners and their crew can travel to Rishikesh via Delhi by road or train (Haridwar station) or fly to Dehradun and complete rest of the travel by road.
STAY OPTIONS: (These are for your guidance. Please inquire and make stay arrangements that suit your needs)
For 220Kms: Race starts at Nataraj Chowk, Rishikesh, the roundabout on the way to Uttarkashi. It is close to the Rishikesh city center, and any hotel that is close to this location will be a good choice.
Those participating in 160Kms and 100kms race, it will be practical to start in Dehradun as these two category races will begin from Dehradrun.
Training for any race, with specific focus on peaking for the race, or incorporating a race of your choice in to your training schedule is a must to ensure an enjoyable, injury-free, and a good performance oriented race.
For your information, principles of training or to consult with one of our coaches/trainers, please see the collection of training material on our website in the Resources section or at this link: TRAINING AND FITNESS
The route passes through lower Himalayas, with a cumulative 34,000 + feet of climbing and just as much descent! Starting in Rishikesh, the route moves to the city of Dehradun and through a series of small villages and ends in Uttarkashi.
- For 220Kms: One 160 kms finish and one 100Km finish in the previous 12 month period.
- For 160Kms: Two 100Kms race finishes
- For 100Kms: Two 75Kms + race finishes
If you have other endurance experience that can qualify you for any of the above categories, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your experience details for consideration.
MANDATORY GEAR CHECK:
- Headlamps – runner and crew
- Reflective vest – runner and crew
- Car will be checked for its readiness with runner stickers and slow moving vehicle sign
- Driver’s license of at least two people that is part of crew. Can include the driver if hiring a taxi.
- Vehicle Insurance and car registration papers.
- Please ensure you select and work with your crew ahead of the race and register them atleast two weeks before the race to receive crew member credentials.
- Ensure you stock up on food, water and all other supplies before 3pm of the race day to last the night, especially dinner for the runner and crew.
- Ensure at least one other person has a valid driver license and can drive in the hills, in addition to the main driver of the crew vehicle. It is important to rest the driver for at least a few hours during the day and night.
A participant can choose to roll-over to any of Globeracers’ races in one 12-month period following the race he or she is registered for as per the following terms.
- At 80% of the paid race fee for notifying 45 days prior to the race start.
- At 50% of the paid race fee for notifying 30 days prior to the race start.
- At 25% of the paid race fee for notifying 15 days prior to the race start.
- No roll-over within two weeks of the race.
Above and beyond the notified terms, a participant’s request to roll-over will be considered by the Race Director of the race under special circumstances such as a death or natural calamities that the participant has no control over.
For any of your requests to be considered, please write to us on this email id: email@example.com
We understand unavoidable circumstances can arise any time and we will do our best to consider your request. We also trust you understand that race logistics once in place cannot be withdrawn and our ability to offer you a fee roll-over becomes limited.
- All participants are required to be at the start line 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start times.
- Participants are allowed to bring up to 4 crew members for pacing and/or support, with a minimum of two crew members. Please ensure organizers are intimated at least one month before the race and register your crew members so they can receive their personal crew tags on the day of the race at the race venue. No crew members will be allowed on the route without registration or their crew tags missing.
- Follow/crew vehicles need to be registered and receive vehicle stickers during race packet pickup. All support vehicles must have two licensed drivers, and vehicle insurance must be current and valid.
- Please ensure personal medical insurance is valid and you have contacted your personal physician for any guidelines based on any prescritption regimen.
- All participants should carry mandatory night running aids such as headlamps or torchlight, reflective vests or armbands and whistle from 6pm until 7am. A time penalty of 30 minutes will be levied for deviation from the rule.
PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING.
- APPLY FOR THE RACE AS EARLY AS FEBRUARY FOR THAT YEAR’S RACE.
- CHOOSE AND WORK WITH A QUALIFIED COACH FOR A RACE AND NUTRITION PLAN IF NECESSARY.
- APPLY FOR YOUR VISA IF YOU NEED ONE TO TRAVEL TO INDIA.
- PLAN YOUR TRAVEL TO INDIA AND TO THE RACE VENUE AHEAD OF TIME.
- SEEK GUIDANCE FROM OUR RACE COORDINATOR ASSIGNED TO THIS RACE TO PLAN FOR YOUR CREW VEHICLE LOCALLY AND/OR ANY CREW THAT YOU MAY WANT ADDITIONALLY.
- PLAN FOR YOUR CREW STAY AT THE RACE VENUE AND LOGISTICS.
- UNDERSTAND RUNNING IN EXTREME CONDITIONS SUCH AS WEATHER, TERRAIN, ALTITUDE AND PLAN YOUR TRAINING ACCORDINGLY.
- CHOOSE A FEW WELL MANAGED AND MODERATELY TOUGH MOUNTAIN RACES PRIOR TO THE ACTUAL RACE AS TRAINING RACES.
- GET YOUR COMPLETE MEDICAL CHECK
- CHOOSE YOUR GEAR AND TRAIN WITH IT
- CHOOSE YOUR CREW CAREFULLY.
- WORKOUT YOUR RACE PLAN WITH YOUR CREW AND TRAIN WITH THEM IF POSSIBLE.
- ARRIVE IN INDIA EARLIER THAN THE RACE MANDATED SCHEDULE IF POSSIBLE.
- IF YOU NOT USED TO WATER OTHER THAN PROCESSED AND FILTERED WATER, ENSURE YOU CHOOSE YOUR WATER SOURCES IN INDIA CAREFULLY.
- ARRIVE AT THE RACE VENUE AS PER SCHEDULE TO ACCLIMATIZE
- HAVE A GREAT RACE. WE ARE READY FOR YOU.