Bhati Lakes 100
With a focus on runners who can’t travel long distances for a race, a beautiful lake area close enough to Delhi with a fairly gradient trail was chosen for this.
The Bhati lakes are old abandoned Bhati mines which turned to lakes over a period of time. The area offers a 20 mile loop with a 6 km tarmac to loop back in to the trail area.
The race categories were as follows:
- 30 miles
- 50 miles
- 100 miles
- 30 miles (2 runners)
- 50 miles (2-3 runners)
- 100 miles (2-4 runners)
Oct 21, 2011
- Point of arrival for the race: Delhi
- Med check (venue will be notified prior to the race) 12 noon – 5 pm
- Race-packet pickup, orientation, pre-race briefing, and pre-race dinner at Delhi 5 pm – 7 pm
- Travel to and from race venue
- Race venue is 30 km from Delhi city limits, and will require prior transportation arrangements to get to the venue by 4 am
- All participants are required to be at the start line 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start times of 5 am, 5:30 am and 6 am
- Please refer to directions, and location address provided to call for taxi or car-pooling if you are traveling to the venue individually
- All participants are expected to secure transportation for post race travel to the city
Oct 22, 2011 (Race Day 1)
- Race start timings:
- 100 Mile – 5:00 am
- 50 Mile – 5:30 am
- 30 Mile – 6:00 am
- Please note your start time mentioned in the confirmation letter sent to you
- Race end timings:
- 30 Mile – 2:00 pm
- 50 Mile – 9:30 pm
- Finish line refreshments: 10:00 am – 9:30 pm
Oct 23, 2011 (Race Day 2)
- Race end timings:
- 100 Mile – 5:00 pm
- Finish line refreshments: 5:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 7 pm onwards: Post race dinner and celebration at Delhi
What’s included in the fee?
- Aid-station support providing water, electrolytes, fruit, energy drinks, salty snacks, candy, ice and medical aid at 5-mile intervals
- Nighttime route safety and supportGoody bag
- Post race celebration at Delhi
Please ensure you bring ample energy supplements, food, and personal medical supplies (if any are needed). You will be allowed one drop-bag at each aid station. There will be aid-stations at every 5km interval.
- All participants are required to be at the start line 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start times of 5 am, 5:30 am and 6:00 am.
- Race cut-off times:
- 100 mile distance
- 25 mile marker – 1 pm (8 hours into the race)
- 50 mile marker – 9 pm (16 hours into the race)
- 75 mile marker – 7 am, next day (26 hours into the race)
- The finish line – 5 pm (36 hours into the race)
- 50 mile distance
- 15 mile marker – 9:30 am (4 hours into the race)
- 30 mile marker – 2:30 pm (9 hours into the race)
- The finish line – 8:30 pm (15 hours into the race)
- 30 mile distance
- 10 mile marker – 8 am (2 hours into the race)
- 20 mile marker – 11 am (5 hours into the race)
- The finish line – 2 pm (8 hours into the race)
- 50 mile and 100 mile participants are allowed to bring 2 and 4 crew members respectively for pacing and/or support. Please ensure organizers are intimated at least one week before the race and register your crew members so they can receive their personal crew tags on the day of the race at the race venue. No crew members will be allowed on the route without registration or their crew tags missing.
- No vehicular support is allowed on the route except for organizer’s vehicles.
- 50 mile and 100 mile participants should carry mandatory night running aids such as headlamps or torchlight, reflective vests or armbands and whistle. Please refer to your confirmation letter for mandatory gear requirement applicable to your race distance.
- Drop bags are allowed for all race participants. Number of drop bags allowed for each participant will be stated in your registration confirmation letter, and equal number of name tags will be provided in your race packet. All drop bags must be clearly marked with your name tag provided and bib number.